THE FIVE DEMANDS
· Curb Price Rise, Ban future Trading , Universalise Public Distribution System
· Link employment protection with stimulus packages
· Strict enforcement of all labour Laws
· Comprehensive legislation for unorganised workers
· Stop privatisation of PSUs
THE IMMEDIATE DEMANDS
· No contractisation of work of permanent/perennial nature and payment of wages and benefits to the contract workers at the same rate as available to the regular workers of the industry/establishment
· Amendment to Minimum Wages Act to ensure universal coverage irrespective of the schedules and fixation of statutory minimum wage at not less than Rs 10,000/-.
· Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund; Increase the quantum of gratuity.
· Assured pension for all
· Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days and immediate ratification of the ILO Conventions No 87 and 98